Forty three reports on six topics:
- Creating an incentive climate for innovators
- Creative relationship between employers and innovators
- Academic education and qualifications for applied research, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Economy, entrepreneurship and the academic community
- Innovation infrastructure and social valorization of innovativeness
- Examples of good practice
- As results of the knowledge and skill application, innovations
are a crucial factor of economic and social growth due to their
major contribution to product and service market competitiveness.
- The educational system should also provide, besides the
theoretical knowledge, a chance to acquire the skills in knowledge
application. In order for this to be achieved, modernly equipped
laboratories for experimental activities and teachers strongly
connected with the economy are required.
- The success and progress of a scientist should not be measured
only by the number of quotes from his or her published works, but
also in his or her contribution in the creation of intellectual
property, e.g. patents in application, designs and trademarks in
current use, etc.
- To encourage the cooperation of the academic community and the
public institutions with the economic and public sector by
co-financing their projects in order to attract additional
financing and ensure the transfer of knowledge and application of
- The existing laws and regulations concerning the intellectual
property should be amended to include the legal obligation pursuant
to which the user of the intellectual property shall be obligated
to compensate the owner (the creator) of the innovation. As a
subordinate regulation, there should also be a provision defining
the minimal compensation fee relative to the contribution of the
innovation to the value of the user product.
- The Departments of the Republic of Croatia, the
Ministry of Economy, Labor and Entrepreneurship and the Ministry of
Science, Education and Sports, are expected to use incentive measures
to guide the innovators and organizations promoting their work in
joining the national organizations in order to strengthen their
role and impact in the society.
- The Departments have to influence the educational system in a
way that will ensure, through the strengthening of the technical
culture, that students base their careers on the acquired technical
skills and knowledge, thus securing the country’s long-term
- It is expected from the Union of Croatian Inventors to promote
the innovative activities and secure the knowledge and skills
exchange using good practice and interlinking as the motivation to
create new innovations.
The Scientific Committee of the First Conference